Through the University of the World, anyone can become a skilled and connected citizen of the world, advancing in their communities the best of what is happening all over the world.
➢ Admission requires an approved Learning Plan. Graduation requires proof of skills to international standards.
➢ Two degrees (Associate’s and Master’s) are possible in: Home Health, Localized Agriculture/ Sustainable Use of Nature, Business Development, and Communications.
➢ The place of learning is the world, not a campus or a computer simulation.
➢ Learning Cohorts of students assemble using smart phones to mentor each other and access scholarship across topics, history, and cultures.
➢ Faculty oversee the peer to peer learning and research process.
➢ Students learn employable skills … and they create jobs.
➢ A new universe of learning.
Where this comes from . . . This global innovation grows out of proven educational demonstrations and years of planning. The University of the World is chartered and holds a tax-exempt status from the IRS as an institution of higher education. Degrees are scheduled to begin in four pilot countries in the fall of 2014.
Together, students will grow the world’s most effective resource, possessed by all: human energies. And through the university they will learn to apply that in state-of-art knowledge and skills.
The roles of this university . . . As with all universities, research will be conducted, with a focus not in theory but improved life at the level where everyone takes identity: community, centered in home. Localized learning connected to study throughout the world. Accordingly, local practice will evolve continuing scholarship of what is most effective in community-based, life-improving action.
How worldwide reach can grow . . . The financing model is designed to enable the University of the World to grow to global impact and reach. Administration costs are modest, paid by global financing. Students pay direct, affordable, learning costs. Where students lack funding, loans are available. In ten years, a half million students are anticipated to be enrolled.
Momentum that is underway . . . A new university is now unfolding, evolving out of the accedited Future Generations Graduate School, poised to start programs in 2014. By using smart phones, students connect their local learning around the world. Access to higher education expands to many more students. Learned are life-useful skills, learned located wherever a student lives. The university will offer US degrees.
Using Humanity’s Greatest Resource Positively
• 100 million High School graduates are Worldwide, Aspiring for Better Lives, Paid-for.
• If provided with relevant educations, they can grow the New Economy around the world.
• Without opened doors to better lives, many turn increasingly to Social Unrest.
Access to Locally Relevant Learning
• Jobs become classrooms. Students remain where they live, using learning to improve their work.
• This way, education directly fits each student’s needs and resources.
• The opportunity to earn a Master’s or Associate’s degree stimulates students to join—connecting local actions to international best practices to academic rigor.
• For students not ready to enter degree programs, non-degree courses are available.
How Learning Occurs: Individuals Access Global Learning Resources
• Personalized curriculum. To enter, each student proposes a plan of learning grounded in community.
• Students then integrate into “Learning Cohorts” where learning occurs and peers help each other.
• Smart phones connect Learning Cohorts into collaborative dialogue around the world.
• Graduation occurs on proof of Knowledge & Skill Competencies to international standards.
The Result: A New Universe of Learning
• The university meets both responsibilities of a university: Learning & Research
• As business, communications, and other fields have globalized, this will be how higher education now follows, allowing each site to use its local advantages to take advantage of the whole.